Plug-in Perfect Layout

Nouveautés, mises à jour, plug-ins, publications, web (Pas de support dans ce forum ! Créez un sujet ailleurs svp)
Gilles
Version(s) de Finale  : Finale 27
OS, RAM  : PC win 10 Pro 64 bits et MacBook Pro Ventura
Homme/Femme  : H

Re: Plug-in Perfect Layout

Message par Gilles »

Bonjour,
Je viens de recevoir un mail d'Elbsound annonçant la publication de la version 2.02 (MacOS et Windows) qui prend en charge la traduction en allemand et français (bêta). Les deux traductions ont été créées à l'aide d'un logiciel de traduction automatisé. Pour ceux qui le souhaite il est possible de donner un coup de main pour affiner la traduction. Voici le mail original :

Dear French-Speaking Perfect Layout Users,

a happy new year to everyone!
Today I have released v2.02 of Perfect Layout (MacOS & Windows) which supports German, French (beta) and user-defined dialogs and messages.
Both translations were created using automated translation software and plus some manual fine-tuning.
The German version is already fine, but the French version probably needs more fine-tuning. My French is ok, but not fluent, especially not in musical terms. And I didn't find out all original menu entries used in the French Finale version, so it might be inconsistent in a few places.

So I would be happy to get feedback from you. You can also edit the language files easily.
I have added the file to Google docs, so that a few users could work on the translation.
If you are interested, please click on this link and I'll give you access:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DHt ... sp=sharing

You can also edit the Perfect Layout UserLanguage2.txt file directly on your computer.
All details are described here:
https://elbsound.studio/perfect-layout/ ... o-general5
The French translation uses the file UserLanguage2.txt

The easiest way to compare the French and English text is by looking at the plug-in while having the website dialog open:
https://elbsound.studio/perfect-layout/ ... ition=Gold

Once we have the complete French translation I will hard-code into the plug-in like the German and English version. Then I will also add a French OS detection which will automatically suggest the French use interface. Other language versions will follow.

Note 1: if you are still on Perfect Layout version 1, you need to update to version 2 to get the French interface.
Note 2: All main dialog entries and many warning messages can be edited (about 630 text blocks). A few messages (especially messages from the .log file) can currently not be edited yet. This will be added in one of the next updates.

There are currently no plans in translating the whole online documentation or the webpage manually.
But we also have an automated translation. I know from the German version that it requires quite some fine-tuning as some words in English are ambiguous (especially "staff"). I have added some general replacements for the automated German translation which improved the translation drastically. So if you have any suggestions for improvements of the automated French webpage translation, I could add them too (e.g. always replace "système de personnel" (=staff system) with "système").

Any comments or questions are welcome!
Stay safe and healthy.

Best regards,
Jan Angermüller
Elbsound.studio
Gilles DEFIN - Formateur Finale agréé par IPEmusic
https://www.gd-formations.com
michelp
Modérateur
Version(s) de Finale  : Finale anglais 27.4.1, 26.3.1
OS, RAM  : MacOsX 12.7.4, Mac Mini Intel i7 Dual 3 Ghz, 16 Go Ram. 2 écrans. JW Lua. RGP Lua

Message par michelp »

La version MacOs du plug-in Perfect Layout 2.0 est maintenant disponible. Testée avec MacOS 10.13, 10.15 et 11.
En vente ICI.
Michel
Jan Angermueller
Version(s) de Finale  : from Finale v3.0 to v25
OS, RAM  : Windows 10, 32 GB

Message par Jan Angermueller »

Et Perfect Layout v2.022 a maintenant des dialogues utilisateur en français!
michelp
Modérateur
OS, RAM  : MacOsX 12.7.4, Mac Mini Intel i7 Dual 3 Ghz, 16 Go Ram. 2 écrans. JW Lua. RGP Lua

Message par michelp »

Plus de 450 améliorations, nouvelles fonctionnalités, nettoyages de bugs, voir ICI.
Michel
Gilles
Version(s) de Finale  : Finale 27
OS, RAM  : PC win 10 Pro 64 bits et MacBook Pro Ventura

Message par Gilles »

Jan a annoncé que les dialogues sont en français. Il est allé un peu trop vite. J'ai pas encore fini de relire et de corriger quelques traductions qui ne vont pas. J'espère que d'ici la fin de semaine se sera fait.
En tous cas je ne peux que recommander ce plug pour tout ceux qui font des gros conducteurs. Il y a une quantité impressionnante de paramètres et en plus Jan est à l'écoute des utilisateurs pour faire évoluer son plug.
Gilles DEFIN - Formateur Finale agréé par IPEmusic
https://www.gd-formations.com
michelp
Modérateur

Message par michelp »

9/4/2021 : Mise à jour en version 2.1 (MacOs et Windows).
Des dizaines de nouvelles fonctionnalités et améliorations, dont la liste se trouve ICI (en anglais). Rappelons que l'interface existe en français.

"Perfect Layout v2.1 for Finale® (macOS and Windows) has been released.

It includes nearly 50 new features and improvements since the last v2.0 update.
The main improvements are more options for compound dynamics placement (poco f, sub. f, etc.) including automatic opaque backgrounds on barline collisions. Also tuplet and custom smart line/ottava line alignment has received a few new options.
The full list of changes including preview images is available here.

The Perfect Layout user dialogs are now available in English, German, French, Polish and Italian.
More translations coming soon."
Michel
michelp
Modérateur

Message par michelp »

Mai 2021 : mise à jour en version 2.2 (ICI).
75 nouvelles fonctionnalités et des correctifs depuis la version 2.1. Pour PC et Mac.

"This is a free update to all users who purchased Perfect Layout in the last 14 months.

It includes 75 new features and improvements since v2.1.
New collision removal features include tuplets with ties and with multiple articulations.

Many users have requested a tighter default spacing for dynamics, hairpins, articulations, etc. So we have added another preset:
the old "Factory Preset" is now called "Loose Spacing" and the new one "Tight Spacing"

How to update quickly?
Start Perfect Layout, go to the General tab and click on "Check for Updates Now!".
If an update is available, the plug-in on Windows then automatically opens the update tool - click on "Update Components", "Next", "Update".
On macOS the download webpage automatically opens with all data filled in. Just click on "Download Installer" and then run the installer.
Please close Finale while running the update installation.
The whole update process takes less than a minute.

The Perfect Layout user dialogs are now available in English, German, French, Polish and Italian."
Michel
michelp
Modérateur

Message par michelp »

Mise à jour en version 2.23, avec 45 nouvelles fonctionnalités et améliorations depuis mai 2021.
MAJ 16/6/21 : cette version fonctionne avec Finale 27, et les polices SMuFL livrées avec Finale seront prises en compte dans une prochaine mise à jour qui sera disponible dans quelques jours. Les autres polices SMuFL sont déjà compatibles avec Perfect Layout depuis la version V2.20.
N.B.: Après installation de Finale 27, il faudra réinstaller Perfect Layout.

"Dear friends of Elbsound.studio,
we have updated our Perfect Layout plug-in to v2.23 with 45 new features and improvements since the May newsletter.

Perfect Layout (v2.x) seems to also work fine in the just released Finale® 27 (macOS and Windows). Info from a quick test yesterday can be found here.
We will upload a minor update in the next days that will also support the new Finale SMuFl fonts. All other known SMuFl fonts are already supported since v2.20.

After you have installed Finale 27, you need to do the following to have Perfect Layout appear in Finale 27's menu list:
macOS: Run the Perfect Layout installer again
Windows: Please uninstall Perfect Layout first, then re-install it.
For more information about uninstalling/installing Perfect Layout, have a look at our Install FAQ.

Our Perfect Layout installer is available on our download page.
The latest v2.23 also includes a self-update feature that doesn't require any external installation software anymore."
Michel
michelp
Modérateur

Message par michelp »

Mise à jour en version 2.41 (Juillet 2021). Avec une dizaine de fonctionnalités nouvelles et des correctifs, voir la liste ICI (en anglais).

P.S. : Finale par ex, ne positionne pas très bien les altérations accidentelles superposées d'un accord (trop loin d es notes). Perfect Layout, parmi des centaines d'autres choses, les repositionne mieux et dans la prochaine mise à jour (2.42), affinera encore le résultat.
Michel
michelp
Modérateur

Message par michelp »

Version 2.45 (20 juillet 2021). 35 nouvelles fonctionnalités.
Michel
Verrouillé