Verrouillé
ozfrog
Version(s) de Finale  : 2014.5
OS, RAM  : Mac 10.11.4
Homme/Femme  : H

Installation mysteries MAc

Message par ozfrog »

Hello,
I have an iMac dating from 2008, 1To HDD, 6Go RAM, MacOS 10.11.6 running Finale 2014.5
This iMac has 3 users and I have admin rights.
I'd like to reinstall Finale on just MY session and NOT in the principal applications folder. There doesn't seem to be any choice at installation time - it goes in the /applications folder, and that's it.
OK - after messing with it, I've installed it in that folder after deleting all old versions from all other locations.
The second part of the installation concerns the Garritan / Aria stuff (sounds etc) and again, there is no option for installing this other than in the /Applications folder.
So, it's been installed where it wants - and the folder is visible and not empty.
Now when I run Finale and start a new piece from the Launch window, it pukes about not being able to find the Garritan library when I enter my first note.
I have looked in the preferences and pointed all the relevant directories to those of the new installation, to NO avail.

If any kind soul can see the error of my ways ................. ?

cheers

Ozfrog
michelp
Modérateur
Version(s) de Finale  : Finale anglais 27.4.1, 26.3.1
OS, RAM  : MacOsX 12.7.6, Mac Mini Intel i7 Dual 3 Ghz, 16 Go Ram. 2 écrans. JW Lua. RGP Lua

Re: Installation mysteries MAc

Message par michelp »

Hello.

As far as I know, there is only one Application folder on the Mac, even if several user accounts exist.
So it is logical that all programs be put in there.
I assume that the individual account data are located in the user Library ► Application Support ► MakeMusic. That user library can be accessed holding the option key down via the "Go to" menu of the Finder.

The problem you have to locate Garritan sounds has been reported on this forum by several users, but not necessarily in the same configuration.
Do you have a Garritan Aria Player in the Application folder ?

garritan.png
garritan.png (9.15 Kio) Vu 1106 fois

My only suggestion would be to reinstall Finale completely, including the Garritan Instruments and the Garritan Aria Player.
Hopefully someone else will chime in with more precise suggestions.
Michel
ozfrog

Message par ozfrog »

michelp a écrit : 1 juillet 2017 à 14:20 Hello.

As far as I know, there is only one Application folder on the Mac, even if several user accounts exist.
On my iMac - there is a "master" applications folder.
Each "user" seems to have their own applications folder - after checking - some users have different applications than others, but this may be just a difference of operational aliases.

So it is logical that all programs be put in there.
Negative - some programs allow you to choose a user/applications folder for installation
I assume that the individual account data are located in the user Library ► Application Support ► MakeMusic. That user library can be accessed holding the option key down via the "Go to" menu of the Finder.

The problem you have to locate Garritan sounds has been reported on this forum by several users, but not necessarily in the same configuration.
Do you have a Garritan Aria Player in the Application folder ?

garritan.png
The ARIA player folder is missing, the Garrison sounds one is present- I will try yet another installation. Maybe my .dmg is corrupted?

My only suggestion would be to reinstall Finale completely, including the Garritan Instruments and the Garritan Aria Player.
Hopefully someone else will chime in with more precise suggestions.
Yes let's hope :) Thanks for your quick and useful reply.
michelp
Modérateur
OS, RAM  : MacOsX 12.7.6, Mac Mini Intel i7 Dual 3 Ghz, 16 Go Ram. 2 écrans. JW Lua. RGP Lua

Message par michelp »

You are right, there is an application folder within each user folder so that the applications put in there can apparently only be used by the specific user.

The missing folder (Aria Player) is of course a thing to fix.
Michel
ozfrog

Message par ozfrog »

Update.
Like all good little Mac-men, I am a fervent user of TimeMachine.
So, deleted the Garrison sounds and Aria engine files then reinstalled them from an earlier Tm back-up.
All good.

FIXED

😎
michelp
Modérateur

Message par michelp »

Great news.
Please mark your question as solved using the checkmark on top of your message. Thanks ;)
Michel
Verrouillé